mercredi 13 février 2019

Hate the Boardgame: Open the Box



Maybe you don't know the Hate comics by Adrian Smith. But I strongly suggest you to give it a look if you like dark fantasy worlds. Hate stands aside from the usual production. Black and white, really dark to the point that sometimes you have to look very carefully to understand what's going on, few words here and there and that's all. Mother Earth was chained, the world is decaying and giants are fighting for the supremacy over the lands and the souls. I'm a massive fan of this book, brutally evocative. Brilliant.

Of course, CMON, which collaborated previously with Adrian Smith, decided to help creating a boardgame based on Adrian Smith creation. I will not discuss the game mechanics here, as I did not test the game yet (and I actually bought the game only for the miniatures, so I'm not in a hurry to test it). I will only show some of the miniatures you can found in this gigantic box which is perhaps more a collector thing than a game (although the game would hopefully be nice too ;o)).

I was really pleased with the quality, I think the sculptors really caught the essence of Hate characters. Honestly, considering this is plastic mass production, these are really good miniatures. Green stuff here and there for the holes in multi-parts miniatures, and few light mold lines to clean up should be enough. Details are not always perfectly crisp on the small miniatures, but I really think you will have a really good time painting the bosses if you like miniatures with lots of details. Of course, considering the "so-much-barbarian" look, it will not be the cup of tea (or blood) of everyone. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm really looking forward to give them more life.

Let's go!

 What you see when opening the box

Some tokens, really well made

Clan bosses and mercenaries

Tyrant

























1 commentaire:

  1. I don't know Hate.
    But miniatures are impressive !
    And I'm ready to play with you !

    RépondreSupprimer